Week One in Provo MTC.

It’s my first p-day! And don’t' worry I made it safe, you would have heard otherwise. No news is good news! The MTC is crazy! My teacher only speaks Portuguese, we are always studying and I can never seem to get enough sleep. My companion, Sister Dixon, was destined to be my first companion. We are very much alike. We think the same way, so we get along great. She is going to the same mission as me. Everyone in my district is supposed to be in Sao Paulo, but have no visas. So there are 10 of us there. But we have the biggest branch, about 60 people. And pretty much all waiting to go to Brazil.

Sister Patton (Kendra) is my coordinating sister. So I get to see her a lot. Elder Top (Nathan) rode in the shuttle with me on the first day. We chatted it up and what not.

The first real day here was kind of hard. At least in the morning I was somewhat discouraged. But everyone said that if you make it past Sunday, you are good to go. They were right. This place is some sort of time vortex (dad would appreciate that). The days just drag on, like it will never end. Then you blink and it's 9:30 already. You blink again and the week is over. It’s really weird.

I had to get the flu shot and the typhoid shot. The next morning I took a vitamin, on an empty stomach. That was a bad idea. I almost puked. Haven’t taken one since... it scared me though, cuz I thought I had gotten the flu. But I didn't. Thank goodness.

I have no word of a visa yet. Not even the electronic part. So I might be here all 9 weeks. I hear of a lot of people being temporarily assigned. My roommate said a sister had learned Spanish to go to Lima, Peru but with no visa ended up in temple square. So Brother Lamb might be right after all!

So I really miss home, but I’m excited to be here. The people are so nice and kind. If I ever get lost, an elder can help me find my way. That is very helpful. I’m working very hard on my Portuguese, but it's coming slowly. Instead of learning words and forms first, we just jump into learning about the gospel in the language. So I had my first lesson to give in Portuguese on Friday. And pretty much every day since. It’s very crazy. Sister Dixon is fluent in Spanish, so she helps me out a lot with my learning. She pretty much carries the lessons. That is motivation for me to learn quicker and better. I’m hoping to have a good grasp within the next week though. Think I can do it?

But yea. I feel so unloved, my entire district keeps getting letters, and I have nothing. I had a two line email too, what’s with that? I hope all is going well there. 
Well I love you so much! I hope you are doing well. So I’m now off to the temple!
Love,
Sister Nelson!

Sister Lindsay Dawn Nelson
MTC mailbox 317
BRA-PAS
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

No comments:

Post a Comment