22 November 2011


Dear parents,

Well, there are now three of us. That is right. 3. Sister East got her visa on Friday and left us this morning. It was a tearful goodbye. She will be spending 2 weeks in the CTM there and then will go to her mission. It was sad to lose a companion. But it is for the best. On Friday night it snowed! When we left class at 9:30 the snow was coming down. Sister East went crazy! She has never seen snow fall, Crazy girl. Can you tell she doesn't go to BYU or BYUI? I just bundled up and walked fast. I like snow on the ground, just not on me.

It was a very uneventful week. I did the same thing here that I did last week. Learned Portuguese, learned the gospel, tried to combine them, and didn't really make it work. But that's ok, because I’m still working on it. I will get it soon. To answer your visa question, no, if I don't have my visa by my 9 week mark (December 5th) then they will reassign me temporarily. So I could end up anywhere. Sister Patton just left today for the field. She doesn't have her visa so she went to Salt Lake. Another sister in my zone went to southern California for her reassignment. So I could be anywhere. But I will be there until I have my visa. I’m in a better boat than sister Dixon though. Her visa is still waiting for a letter of recommendation or something like that. So it isn't even close to her electronic visa. Sadly, but she's come to terms with it. I’m actually totally ok if I get reassigned. No matter where it is in the states. Because I know that Heavenly Father has his hand in it and he will send me where he wants me to go. I have heard of a couple elders that stayed here for another two weeks because their visas were "in the mail" so I hope that doesn't happen to me. I’m going crazy in here as it is. So I thought it would be really cool if I got reassigned just in time to go to New York and hang with Meegan for a couple weeks before she goes home. How awesome would that be? Speaking of Meegan, I’ve decided that sister Dixon is exactly like her. Her humor, mannerisms, it's pretty cool. I think they would get along well. Random, I know. But I don’t have a lot to think about in here, besides gospel and Portuguese.

So I think dad's stories are very cool. Honestly, I don't remember you ever telling me anything spiritual that happened to you. I actually don't remember you bearing your testimony in sacrament meeting. That’s sad, I know, but look at the bright side, I have a bad memory. I think it also hits them here because the pesquisadors are catholic. Well the most of them are. That’s mostly what I’ll be having in Brazil too.

Yes, it is getting cold here. The sun is shining today though. But the nights get really chilly. Utah is not my favorite. I will live here if I need to, but it will never be my permanent home. I could never do that. I can't even do that in Idaho! No, I’m an Oregonian through and through. I’ll live in Oregon and Washington if I can. Maybe Brazil, we'll see if I like it there....

I’m excited to hear about Jessi and the kids! They never ever write me :( so I don't know anything that's going on there. Tell me all about them, since I know you will talk to them this Thursday. I sent Leah a card for her birthday. It was early, but at least it's not late. And I sent a letter to carter. I addressed it to each one of them. I know at that age I would get excited to see my name on something that came in the mail. So I made sure they each got one. I want to get pictures of them too. Need to do that soon before I’m out of the country and it costs more.

That’s really sad about Anne’s granddaughter. I remember you telling me about her. At least she's not in pain anymore and is hanging out with Heavenly Father. Today when I went to the temple, after the endowment session, I was walking out of the celestial room, and I told the sister I did work for, to give Jesus a hug for me.  Yea, I know I’m a dork. But that’s ok. I keep life interesting.

So I have a quick question, can you, dad, tell me how much I have in my bank account. I want to make sure that I have enough while I’m in an airport this coming week. I still have about 60 of that emergency cash, but just in case I want to know how much I have for back up.

Well, feliz dia de açao de graça! (Yea, that's happy thanksgiving in Portuguese!)

I love you, and am so very grateful to have you both for such awesome parents. I know I wouldn't be here without you. I pray for you every night (in Portuguese too!) and hope that you are doing well. Stay strong, and don't blink too much, I don't want the next 16 months to go that fast. Yup, you read that right; I only have 16 months left. It goes by fast!

te amo voce para semper e eterna!

Love,
Your missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment