29 November 2011


Dear Parents,

Can you believe another week is already gone?! Stop making it go by so quickly. It’s been quite a week. A lot of things have happened, but at the same time it feels like nothing has happened at all. I hope I can tell you about everything.

Last Tuesday after I wrote you, we had elder D. Todd Christofferson speak in the devotional. He was so cool! He talked about how we are his companions, or the companions to the prophets and apostles because they can't convert everybody themselves. They need our help to do it! He had such a strong testimony. It’s amazing to see how these apostles know without a doubt that Christ lives. Just by hearing them speak of Him, you know that they have seen Him. It’s so powerful.

Wednesday I think it was, was when I got your package. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You have no idea how excited I was to get that. Thank you so much for that camera. I’ve taken so many more pictures with it. I’m sad that my baby is feeling neglected and not loved by me, but she's just too big. I think this camera will get a ton of use. The scarves are awesome! Thank you for sending those. However I think because of space in bags I might be sending a scarf or two home with my camera, which I will be sending later this week. I hope anyways.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good thanksgiving and that you didn't spend it alone. That’s really great that dad invited someone. It sounded like a lot of fun. Did you video tape dad's dancing for me to see later? Or will he keep practicing so he can show me up when I get back? My thanksgiving was pretty good. They kept us very busy the entire day. We started the day out with listening to elder Nelson. Yea, that's right, we had Elder Russell M. Nelson come and talk to us on thanksgiving. He talked to us about the meaning of Alleluja and the traditions of thanksgiving in the bible times. It was really neat. I didn't know that he had completely dropped his job as a doctor when he got called as a member of the 12. That is really amazing that he would trust the Lord enough to do that. I need to marry me a man like that. Oh, and he says "thanks" to my family (that means you). After the devotional I got to walk to the temple. Up there I ran into my friend Aric again. He was leaving this week, so it was so sad to talk to him and know that I wouldn't be seeing him again for a long time. But it was still fun. Then we had our thanksgiving dinner. Yup, we had dinner at 12:30 in the afternoon. It was an ok dinner. But nothing like what mom makes. I was missing your cooking mom. After we had dinner we all did a service project. We actually make 8,000 emergency kits that are now on their way to Sudan. It was pretty neat. We watched a video on the humanitarian aids the church does. We got to have a sack lunch for dinner (whoo hoo!) and I think my favorite part of the day was later that night. We watched 17 Miracles. You need to watch it. There’s a part in it that dad would really enjoy. Watch it, and look for the miracle of the meat (that's just what I call it). You’ll know why I thought of you when I saw it. It was nice to have a break from classes. We didn't have any class, but the next day we had to go and teach again. But that's ok; it was a nice break in the middle of the week.

This Thursday I find out my reassignment. Finally! Or travel plans if my visa has come in by then. What are your guesses on where I’m headed to for a while? But don’t' worry about it, you will know where I’m going before I get there. The church isn't that mean to parents of missionaries. I’ll have to send you an email that day of where I’m going. So make sure and check that night.

You might find this funny, so my toe has been hurting like crazy for the past couple weeks. It felt like I needed to pop my joint of something. So I kept stretching it hoping to make it feel better. Well the pain was moving up my foot, so I decided to finally go to the trainer at gym time. She told me that I had pulled my toe stretching it too much. Embarrassing right? Well she iced it for me and the next couple days as well. After dealing with the pain moving around my foot, it finally got better. Now I’m just really stiff so when I do wear by boots or heels, it starts to hurt again. uggg. So pray that that goes away fast please!

Tell Leah happy birthday for me! I can't believe she's 7 now! Make them stop growing for me! Oh and about my bank account, just so you know I’m going to use it to pay for my bags when/ if I fly. And if I need to I might have to get another carryon bag. I’m hoping that I won't have to though. So just look out for those. Don’t worry, my card hasn't been stolen.

I’m glad that you enjoyed the pictures :) I will print out some more and send them your way in the package I send you this week.

Well, I love you so much and I am missing you tons! Be safe and tell everyone hi for me.

Love,
Your Missionary

P.S. thank you for your testimony dad, it made me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment